Friday, September 11, 2009

On The Road Again....

The morning got off to a busy start: hair cut, brow wax, glass work, work work (wtf), Target, Walgreens, packing, packing, loading. Time to leave arrived all to quickly--had to be in Nashville by 6:10 to pick Sassy 1 (Jan) up. Sassy 1 as in the Sassy Sisters-what we like to call ourselves on our little adventures. Got to Nashville right as rush hour hit but made it to the airport w/ time to spare. I got my little parking ticket stub and before I even got out of the car, I lost it. Thank goodness I brought the trusty Mini Mag Light w/ me! I had to search high and low to find the crazy thing. Even after my search, I still had a few minutes to kill before Jan's plane arrived. This time I came prepared-I brought reading material. Thanks Jim and Pinky!!!! Plane was on time and we headed out. We don't really have a plan for this little excursion but fortunately Jan had a plan for dinner. The Loveless Cafe. Good call. Home cookin at its finest! We had a very friendly and helpful waitress, Tammy and a wonderful meal. We decided we would head north to KY and since it was dark we decided I-65 would do just fine. Just as we exited off I-65 and onto the dark and lonely Bluegrass Parkway I noticed the fuel light was on. Oops! It showed we could go another 34 miles, which meant that it had already been on for 20 miles. Oops, oops!! All indications were that Bardstown (our destination for the night) was about 25 miles away. And, by the way, there are no gas stations between where we were and where we were going and it was after 11 pm. Oops, oops, oops!!! We turned off the a/c, opened the sun roof, slowed down and continued on. I figured we could make it but when the range no longer said a number and was just flashing - - - I was a little concerned. After an eternity, finally, we reached our exit and one lonely but open gas station! Probably the only thing in Bardstown open after midnight on a week night! Thank you, thank you. This would be why I usually don't drive on these trips and I may have my driving privileges taken away yet! Anyway, after putting 16.8 gallons in we found our Hampton, checked in and had a well deserved chilly one. So starts our adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment